Friday, May 26, 2006

You can also alter fabric...

This is my first attempt at doing anything altered with fabric. I started out my crafting life as a quilter, so this was a natural return to my roots. Many thanks to my friend, Linda Koch for showing us how to bead, embellish, etc. on fabric and for sharing the inspiration of her gorgeous pieces with our Art Gang Ohio group!

I am also an avid reader and a book - generally a good mystery is never far from hand. So making book covers with my embellished fabric was the perfect place for these fun techniques. The hardest thing for me was remembering that unlike regular hand quilting, in this case you WANT the stitches to be big and irregular!!!! I've got several more of these book covers in progress that I will be offering for sale on eBay in the next week or so.

No comments: