Thursday, January 25, 2007

Wire-Worked Bracelets


Well now that I've made a bunch of charms and
will be getting a bunch in the swaps I'm in, I
figured I better have a bracelet on which to hang
them. Also, my group of close friends in the
"Radish Ladies" wanted me to demo how to make a wire bracelet for THEIR charm swap. So I set to work playing with copper wire to see what sort of linked bracelets I could find to make.

I admit to finding link designs all over the internet and I reproduced them to make my own bracelets. Some were harder than others. Two were free-formed using just chain nose and round nose pliers. The one with heart links and the one with a sort of "S" link were formed using a Thing a Ma Jig with little pegs to bend the wire around - and pliers too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful works of art, ladibug! I blame you for my newfound "beading sickness." Ouch! It's hurting my wallet; I can't stop buying beads! I'll never be as good as you, though. Great work!

Carrie