Sunday, September 27, 2009

Doodle Bug Squirrel


Yes, I'm still squirrely! Kent State University's 100 year anniversary will be kicked off at homecoming on October 10 this year. For anyone who's been around the Kent, Ohio campus, you'll know that black squirrels are a beloved icon there. So we've mounted a squirrel decorating contest to help celebrate. There are two sizes of squirrels - 30" and 8". My contribution - "doodlebug squirrel" is one of the smaller size. It was doodled using a fine point enamel paint pen. I just had to get my ladybugs in there somehow. Can't wait to see the other entries! If you're in the area, be sure to stop by Tailgate Alley at the Dix Stadium from 1 pm - 5 pm on October 10 and vote for your favorite designs in each category!

2 comments:

Daria Schaffnit said...

The squirrels are delightful! I saw my very first black squirrel when I was down in Dover a few weeks ago.

Jewely Gee said...

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!
so cute SO cool!!!