Saturday, December 08, 2007

Advent Santa


This is my new 2007 Santa. I saw a pattern for one that was similar online, but I decided to design my own pattern and think it turned out pretty well. I love his long hat, embellished with a tarnished bell. These are weighted with cinnamon scented rice to make them stand (and smell) nice. I've posted some to my Etsy store for sale if you want to look. For those of you who know me, Santas have been a big part of my life for about 20 years or so. I've made a new Santa of some sort for almost every year and hope to continue doing so. I lean toward the more primitive look in Santas and sometimes use a commercial pattern, but often just design one of my own. I take inspiration from a lot of places - the internet, my collection of Santas, and whatever art mediums I happen to be involved in at the time. But I do tend to do more in fabric because of my sewing and quilting background. Hope you like them!

1 comment:

Ro Bruhn said...

Fabulous Santas and I LOVE your doodles from earlier posts